Exchange Prices
StarLog

HIVEOS and XMR

I have 3 linux servers ALL FREE running on HIVEOS

IF anyone needs help setting up one of the hashvault coins, let me know.

This site gives me total control of my miners at home or in a data center from one pane of glass.

You can have 3 miners for free.

• Thanks 1

Sooo, it is not a OS, just an app to control your miners? Is it reliable/safe? What about performance? I use XMR-Stak (all-in-one).

Crypto is da way

7 hours ago, Wor3d said:

Sooo, it is not a OS, just an app to control your miners? Is it reliable/safe? What about performance? I use XMR-Stak (all-in-one).

I  load the linux  os on a USB stick from their website to start, then it loads on my rig, of cards, vega or rx 550 / 560 and so on. 

It sets up a vpn channel to the website system, and allows you to setup special commands/configs for your cards.

This means my personal rig, is not running windows anymore, but their version of Ubuntu, with their drivers. you can change the drivers, which I have done for the RX550 cards, to give more h/s.

This is very reliable, after playing with the configs and getting things tuned in.

I im sitting on an Octominer still NO  OS on it ...   i only have some older cards not hashing on my gaming comps atm.... 750ti ,   gt 710 2 gigddr5 , r7240, r7350, and 2 made in china cards that will get my like 160-180 h/s no idea what chip really in them i think its gtx 460 or something they called them 750ti and flashed them on bios im sure

LMK Iver never herd of this OS and would love to acctually get this thing hashing so do i need anything else to burn OS  to usb like RUFUS or anything thanks alot for post just found this forum

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, CoinSmithMining.com said:

I im sitting on an Octominer still NO  OS on it ...   i only have some older cards not hashing on my gaming comps atm.... 750ti ,   gt 710 2 gigddr5 , r7240, r7350, and 2 made in china cards that will get my like 160-180 h/s no idea what chip really in them i think its gtx 460 or something they called them 750ti and flashed them on bios im sure

LMK Iver never herd of this OS and would love to acctually get this thing hashing so do i need anything else to burn OS  to usb like RUFUS or anything thanks alot for post just found this forum

Welcome to the forum, never used HiveOS myself but tempted. just wanted to welcome you

On 5/5/2018 at 7:21 PM, CoinSmithMining.com said:

Go to https://hiveos.farm

Then download the hive and the HDD installer, have a 8GB USB stick to put the OS on.

This download is slow, 

Then once youput the OS on the USB stick, insert into your miner, and start it.

Go to the hive, and create a RIG, with a password, needed to access from the website.

Once you have the RIG number and password you made, go to the terminal screen on the miner, and input them.

You will want to run the command firstrun -f, so it performs an upgrade to the OS. Then you should be mining.

There are a few commands from the miner screen you can run.  agent-screen,  minier  etc.

Go back to the website, and watch the miner in several ways.

This is one of my RIGs, it is not tuned as good as I would like

Capture.JPG

Can you utilize CPU to mine? I see "AMD OC" button - so no problems with overclock/undervolt/...? And If I see correctly, the OS can run from the USB, right? :D

Crypto is da way

That is correct, easier to us a USB.

It has CPU as well, those are the ones to the far right, let me get a screen shot.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

Their site says no Vega support, sadly :/ Seems that's the only major downside to Vegas right now, we're SOL for Linux support ATM.

5 hours ago, Klaan said:

Disable cpu ,is on high load and your miner will crash

Klaan,

Was that directed to me.?

On 4/29/2018 at 10:20 PM, StarLog said:

I have 3 linux servers ALL FREE running on HIVEOS

IF anyone needs help setting up one of the hashvault coins, let me know.

This site gives me total control of my miners at home or in a data center from one pane of glass.

You can have 3 miners for free.

I tested HIVEOS few weeks ago on ETH and h/s for my configuration is much lower than in windows. I try OC but no results. I see you also have RX 560 and I am interested what options you using to achieve good h/s?
My cards are Asus ROG RX 560 EVO 4GB with 2 fans and no power connector.
Also, bios that I use is unlocked 8 gpu of 12, but 4 gpu are still 896 shaders. All cards are brought in same package and have serial numbers in a row...
In win I achieve about 166 MH/s for all 12 gpu. It is result of fine tuning OC per card, from 1050/1900 mhz to 1075/2000 - probably depends of silicon lottery. This is from 13.2 to 14.2 mh/s.
Any kind of undervaluing trough MSI  AB give me same or more power consumption so cards are not undervolted.
CryptoNight give me about 400h/s per card and less power consumption but I read on forums that people gets about 480 even 500 h/s...