Albert

CryptoNight v2 / Monero v8/v9 VEGA 64 Settings 2016H/s, 177W

ONLY VEGA 64 ( Sapphire )

• Make sure you have installed 18.06.1 version vega 64 drivers until you start to change all your parameters.
  • Install only the driver package without amd settings
  • Restart your " RIG "
  • Click on start and open Run
  • type regedit and OPEN
  • Go on ( Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\ )
  • and TURN OFF CROSSFIRE and HBCC for each VEGA you have
  • hbcc.thumb.png.c29cc94209bc5e4258796a16ea162979.png
  • Restart your " RIG "
  • Go on C:\ and create a folder named startupminer
  • Download startupminer.rar and extract all files on C:\startupminer
  • Create a Desktop shortcut of XMRIG.bat that you find inside C:\startupminer
  • Go on C:\ and create another folder named XMR
  • Inside C:\XMR place your miner or this one xmrig.rar ( THIS IS THE LATEST XMRIG-AMD 2.8.6 BETA ) remember to set your wallet pool and worker name .
  • Replace inside start.bat with this one start.bat
  • Install this set for every Gpu index you have ( remeber to add the index number for each vega u have " 0 , 1 , 2 .... " in your config.json .
  • Spoiler

"threads": [
            {
                "index": 0,
                "intensity": 1984,
                "worksize": 16,
                "strided_index": 2,
                "mem_chunk": 2,
                "unroll": 8,
                "comp_mode": true,
                "affine_to_cpu": false
            },
            {
                "index": 0,
                "intensity": 1968,
                "worksize": 16,
                "strided_index": 2,
                "mem_chunk": 2,
                "unroll": 8,
                "comp_mode": true,
                "affine_to_cpu": false
            },

• Start XMRIG.bat on desktop with Administrator privileges and WATCH the POWER .. :D
  • I hope everything is ok ..
  • I test this with XMRIG-AMD the last release. ( v2.8.6 - Beta ) ( I get 2016 H with 177 watt each GPU at wall)

hashrate.thumb.png.d8d502450e898817a037dd539bcc5227.png

HAPPY MINING!!!

Edited by Albert
New Updates
  • Thanks 3

Hey Albert, great guide! The first version wasn't totally stable in my case. I've seen you updated the values a bit. I think you didn't update the vega.reg file, because it doesn't match the values of the overdriven.ini file. Could you provide the updated reg file?

5 hours ago, Raybl said:

Hey Albert, great guide! The first version wasn't totally stable in my case. I've seen you updated the values a bit. I think you didn't update the vega.reg file, because it doesn't match the values of the overdriven.ini file. Could you provide the updated reg file?

Hi @Raybl

i did another test today with some new ODT settings without apply reg files anymore. So in case of crash when u restart the pc u don’t have to reinstall drivers again. 

Give me 1 h and i will update all ok?

by the way i get 1964 h with 177 watt at wall :D

Edited by Albert

thanks, i was running ppt with BC drivers, and just as my newest vega 64 came, bam half the hash.  Loved getting 40 - 50 degree usuage tho.  Im running two 8 inch exhaust from a grow room , with  an 8 inch intake (cheese cloth fliter, works awesome.  I have a super negative bow on the tent, thus the heat is getting pulled out, with 7 cards, it should be enough to pull out the heat yeah?  Im running 3k rpm fans then throw a heap of air.  thinking if i ran some in reverse at the back of the rig, or made someting to house a row of fans for the back of each level on the rig, if it would suck the heat straight from the blower, and closer to the exhausts

also, im coming over from learning the go with cast xmr, in the config, do we add the cards after what's there?  And is there a way to split the threads, so instead of showing 7 cards, it shows 14?  heard it hashes a bit better?

On 10/30/2018 at 6:36 AM, Albert said:

Hi @Raybl

i did another test today with some new ODT settings without apply reg files anymore. So in case of crash when u restart the pc u don’t have to reinstall drivers again. 

Give me 1 h and i will update all ok?

by the way i get 1964 h with 177 watt at wall :D

Hey man, do you have the settinfs?  I seem to have an issue with xmrrig with the run that was there.  Any help would be appreciated.  Im getting the hashrate using PPT i found, and low temps, dropped to 1550 for 7 vegas, but need to try to get them down to 180ish w oer card

6 hours ago, Krypt0Kyd said:

Hey man, do you have the settinfs?  I seem to have an issue with xmrrig with the run that was there.  Any help would be appreciated.  Im getting the hashrate using PPT i found, and low temps, dropped to 1550 for 7 vegas, but need to try to get them down to 180ish w oer card

Are u sure u did all steps ? Install those drivers etc etc? Cause is impossible having crashes!

not ccrashing but not getting the temps.  Will it work with refference cards also?

have 3 oc vega 64's, one blowe, and 3 modded 56's to 64.  I follow it al, but adding the cards stuff in then running the start.bat, it says cant have something after the word (ill screen cap, and shows an error

7 minutes ago, Krypt0Kyd said:

not ccrashing but not getting the temps.  Will it work with refference cards also?

have 3 oc vega 64's, one blowe, and 3 modded 56's to 64.  I follow it al, but adding the cards stuff in then running the start.bat, it says cant have something after the word (ill screen cap, and shows an error

I’m at work now. Try to open start.bat to see if the sets are only for your 64 gpu. Cause this config is only for those. For other 56 with mode i don’t know if they work cause I don’t have them to test.  This guide is only for oc 64. I hope u know to set ppt only for yours vega 64 in start.bat

Edited by Albert

thanks man,  I could use em as 64s with ppt on BC driver.  So if i only use the tool for OC dual fan 64's, as I have 3, and one bloer 64. will it work on that?

will send el donation if we can get this working ddecent, ive dropped 300w, neeed to try get them working around 170-190w ea

If u want i can give u remote support. But only when i finish the work. After 15:00 pm italy time

7 minutes ago, Krypt0Kyd said:

weird as im pulling close to 2khs per unit as in on cnv8,  low temps nbut soooo much power

Give me the time to get home. And i will help you by remote. Ok? I’m sure that u wrong something with configs

U must get 177 or 180 watt each vega 64 oc. On moded one I don’t know cause i never had them

i can take em back to 56's but need to use wattman to config them for underolt unless u know something else.  Keen as thanks man, will reward u when I get this mined

u mentioned that the same can be done with PPT's....i had some sick ones for bc driver, i have one for cnv8 but its not dropping the power, just heat.  Used it after I failed this one

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

9D62ECB7-219F-4143-BCCA-814A75EA18DC.thumb.png.d581bb3f138d2cd67b35b6015ddd6479.pngThis are mine stable ...

Im in australia, and on days off, so what ever tim you can spare when u finish work would be sick

17 minutes ago, Krypt0Kyd said:

Im in australia, and on days off, so what ever tim you can spare when u finish work would be sick

Ow .. I’m sorry we will find a solution